Friday, February 19, 2010

My Very Own Herb Garden

Growing an herb garden is one of those things I've been meaning to do, but have never gotten around to doing.

When I stopped by my neighborhood Trader Joe's the other day, I saw that they carry herb gardens in a pot. Beautiful, bushy, luscious herbs - ready to eat! I thought what better way to get started than that? So I purchased a batch that contains mint, oregano and thyme - the herbs used most frequently in my kitchen - and transferred them into a larger pot with some rich soil, gave them a little water, and VOILA! My herb garden exists!

Next, I did some research on how to keep my little herb garden happy. I came across You Grow Girl and  My Home Herb Garden, both great resources. So far, so good, although I haven't cooked with them yet... something planned for this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment